Thursday, September 18, 2008

Day 29

So apparently I had school today! But of course, I found out half an hour before the day ended, so it was completely useless for me to even think about going. This is a sad day, for my.. 8 day weekend has now come to an end. I go to school on a Friday, and then it´s the weekend again! I have such a hard life hmmm? Well the past couple days seem to have gotten slightly better, aa I´m trying to get out as often as possible. We went to La Casa Del Camba last night, for my friend Lauren´s going away party. It was a lot of fun, trying to talk with the waiters in spanish.. It made me realize that there are quite a few exchange students with NO spanish at all. I guess I feel a little better about myself then. But yet, I still find myself speaking too much english. So anyways, there was dancing and traditional CruceƱo food (most of which I couldn´t eat because it had meat in it). Today I got to go to Maija´s house, and we made these KILLER peanut butter chocolate chip cookies. I mean, possibly the best I´ve ever had. Quite proud of myself, I have to say. For some reason, Bolivia seems to make us bake a lot. We´ve probably had close to... 5 or 6 sessions, between a few of the girls. Then we went to the Cine Center, which is like... I guess the Santa Cruz version of a mall (with not much shopping, but a theater and huge food court). We had some pizza, which was... goood hahaha and then hung out with a few of the french exchange students, who speak no english, so we´re forced to speak spanish. I´m so tempted to go talk to them in french, but SO intimidated at the same time. Hopefully I´ll get over it sooner or later, and learn some more french along my exchange. Tomorrow Lauren flys out right after school, so I´m going to try and get to the airport. Hope everyone has a good evening!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dunno why but i thought you might like this!

http://www.cracked.com/blog/tag/rockabilly/